Miles Away

This blog is dedicated to my wonderful son, Miles. Many of our friends and family don't live in Reno, so this is a virtual way to see how he's doing and how quickly he's growing.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

When will he be well!?!

His impetigo has since gone away, but now Miles has a mild touch of bronchitis and had the stomach flu this weekend. I feel bad because Richard gave him the bronchial infection, and I'm the one responsible for the flu. I had it so bad that I was completely evacuated of any stomach contents within three hours. That was no picnic, let me tell you.

Richard, on the other hand, had a cold about a month ago that turned into a sinus infection that then turned into acute bronchitis. He has the weakest immune system, and because he's working out and training three times a day, his body hasn't had the time it needs to get well.

So my poor little baby has had the worst few months. I was miserable with the flu and Richard has been miserable with his cough, but my poor sweet child had both on Friday night. He would only sleep if I was rocking him, so I got NO SLEEP that night. I remember sitting on the couch at 3:30am in tears - I was physically, mentally, and emotionally spent. I've never been that exhausted and have never felt that helpless.

He still isn't sleeping well and was awake last night from 3:30am to 5:30am. He was in an okay mood, but he was somewhat fussy becuase he didn't fall asleep until 10:30pm although I tried to get him to sleep at 9:30pm.

I can't wait until he's his happy, cheerful self. I almost forget who he normally is because all of his health issues have taken over his otherwise wonderful disposition.

God, Buddha, Higher Power, if you are reading this, please do what you can to give my baby back to me. I miss him!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger J said…

    oprah says that motherhood is the hardest job in the world and now i see why! you poor lady! may sleep come to you soon and some peace and tranquility to your cute tot!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Miles' Mom:

    I really feel your pain, and I'm so sorry that Miles has been down from his normal self so long. 3:30 AM is a lonely time, isn't it? You sound like a great mom.

    Don't worry--he'll get better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home