Miles Away

This blog is dedicated to my wonderful son, Miles. Many of our friends and family don't live in Reno, so this is a virtual way to see how he's doing and how quickly he's growing.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A funny thing happened this morning

We put Miles to bed in his crib in his room. When he wakes up in the middle of the night for a bottle, we bring him in to bed with us. He usually wakes up at about 6 or 7am and is ready to take on the day.

As I was getting out of the shower at about 7:30am today, I heard him mumbling and whimpering. Assuming he was ready to get out of bed, I headed into my bedroom to pick him up. But I didn't see him in bed, and I didn't see him on the floor of one side of the bed, and I didn't see him on the other side.

I called his name, and I heard him make another noise. Looking carefully, I saw his little hands poking out from underneath the bed. I was laughing so hard it hurt.

He had rolled off of my bed (over pillows meant to keep him from doing just that) and then had rolled or scooted underneath my bed. Luckily, he wasn't hurt. He was just a little uncomfortable, to say the least. After I picked him up, I wished I had taken a picture. It would be so funny for all to see!

Enjoy your week,
MM

4 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    First off, I'd like to sincerely thank you for the compliments on my blog and the comments you left. I'm very flattered--you just made my day! Your son Miles is absolutely ADORABLE. I must admit that my favorite picture is of him as a red hot chili pepper. Have a great day and I'll be back often.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mike's Drumbeats said…

    Hey Michelle (I'll leave the nicknames to you and my sister)...

    I'm so glad Miles is doing well--this is a cool idea to blog about what's going on with him-and you're a great photographer!--I know it's hard to get around to writing it down sometimes but it pays off in the long run to remember what you were thinking...

    Thanks for the invitation to post comments--You're welcome to check out my blog anytime and let me know what you think (unless you think it really sucks...).

    By the way, all Texans don't say "gander" and "'round those parts" (I do, but not ALL Texans :) )...Just in case you wondered...

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Your son is cute in his chili pepper getup, not so cute with "turkey dinner" on his face. FYI: What IS turkey dinner? It sounds overly processed and like it might begin preserving his little insides immediately. Yuck!
    Anyway, I post comments so don't be a crapholio about it. I just hang up on you in the middle phone calls when you call me...:)

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    It would be cool if you posted again...ever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home