Miles Away

This blog is dedicated to my wonderful son, Miles. Many of our friends and family don't live in Reno, so this is a virtual way to see how he's doing and how quickly he's growing.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Sorry for the delay

Today, I started my very last class! I am exactly six weeks shy of having my degree. Unfortunately for my readers, I will be taking a six-week hiatus.

I wanted to let you know that Miles has been in the emergency room twice in the last few days as a result of a spider bite. He has
cellulitis, which is a pretty serious skin condition.

I took him to the emergency room on Sunday morning and spent two hours waiting for the doctor. He graced us with a whopping thirty seconds of his presence and didn't even give us the diagnosis. He left that to his nurse, who made the condition sound like nothing to worry about. He prescribed a low-grade antibiotic.

At 11pm Monday evening, I arrived again at the ER (same hospital, different location) with Miles, whose bite was twice as big and ten times as infected. Just the slightest touch sent pus oozing out of the gaping wound.

I spent over one hour this morning waiting for his prescription, only to find this evening that it was labeled incorrectly. I have been giving my son the incorrect dosage for the entire day.

Today, Miles turned 8 months and has been in the hospital for emergency reasons three times already. I feel awful for him.

I have, however, included a couple pictures of when he sleeps peacefully (which he hasn't done at all in the last week).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home