Miles Away

This blog is dedicated to my wonderful son, Miles. Many of our friends and family don't live in Reno, so this is a virtual way to see how he's doing and how quickly he's growing.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Been Having Technical Difficulties...

Wowser! It's been over two months since I posted. Miles can do so much now; he's like a totally different kid!

Since my last post, I received a printer for my digital camera. I have been printing pictures like crazy! Here’s the problem: I'm not able to upload pictures from my camera to my laptop now. I’m sure some techie geeks read this blog from time to time, so if you have any suggestions, I’m all ears.

Back to Miles (this is his blog, right?). He can clap. I know it may not seem like much, but for anyone who has ever had a child, you know how important this is.

I get so excited when I see his little hands slap together and see that big grin on his face. What’s the cutest thing ever? He claps when someone says Mama or Dada.

Another recent development is his ability to play peek-a-boo. When I put him in his playpen so that I can get ready in the morning, I say peek-a-boo. He’ll stand there smiling and will then put his head down. He looks up quickly, still smiling, and when I say peek-a-boo again, he laughs. Not giggles, laughs. A big belly laugh from his core.

I hope to be able to figure out how to upload the pictures once again. If you have any recommendations on how to rectify the situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Word to your mom from Miles' Mom.
~mm~

4 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Mike's Drumbeats said…

    Hi Michelle:

    Glad you finally got to posting again!

    Uh, not sure if I'm a techie geek or not--If I remember, you have a Sony camera. So, you should be able to upload pictures in 1 of 2 ways:

    1) There should be a cable that attaches your camera to your computer. If you connect it and click on "My Computer" (I am assuming you don't have a Mac), you should be able to see your camera show up like it was a "removable storage device". If you double-click on it, you should be able to see your pictures (some cameras create folders for you, click on the folders and the pics should be in there). You should be able to drag the pictures into a folder on your desktop, if you like, then use Picasa to upload them to your blog.

    2) Sometimes, when you are using a printer that is connected to your computer via USB, the printer can act like a card reader. Put the card in, let it detect the images and drag them over to your computer like described above.

    If you need more help, just Email me (through my blog, or ask Nicole for my address).

    Sorry to clog up Miles' blog with techno-talk. I'm glad he's learning to do neat stuff!

    Mike

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Miles' Mom said…

    Thanks Mike! I was hoping someone would have a clue. I'll try it tonight when I get home. I hope I can post pics then. Word.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mike's Drumbeats said…

    Hey Michelle:

    Seems like my directions didn't work? You okay?

    Mike

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Miles' Mom said…

    I'm not sure if they worked or not. I haven't tried yet! We've been moving and things have been chaotic. I'm still trying to figure it all out...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home