Miles Away

This blog is dedicated to my wonderful son, Miles. Many of our friends and family don't live in Reno, so this is a virtual way to see how he's doing and how quickly he's growing.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

When things haven't gone well for you...

"When things haven't gone well for you, call in a secretary or a staff man and chew him out. You will sleep better and they will appreciate the attention." ~ Lyndon B. Johnson

Speaking of staff man, Miles has a staph infection. Aparently, staph is everywhere. "Many healthy people carry staph bacteria in their noses without getting sick." Gross. Miles was lucky enough to get a cut or scratch that let the bacteria in to fester and multiply. He's on two very strong antibiotics as his doctor was worried it would turn into Scalded skin syndrome, which would result in my son going to the hospital for the fifth time in his short 13 months.

I can't wait for him to get better. For those who are parents out there, you know what I'm talking about. There is nothing more frustrating and more upsetting than to have a sick child who is miserable, and there's nothing you can do to help them. I also can't wait to have a full-night's sleep again. My poor baby wakes up itching and crying A FEW times a night.

I look forward to the time when this blog can be used for fun and cheerful stories instead of dreadful and gloomy ones...

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Miles' Mom:

    I'm sorry you're going through this with Miles--it's frustrating, isn't it? He certainly looks like a happy boy!

    In my experience with my daughter, I really appreciated how healthy she really is once we got her "well"...hope you feel the same way.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind compliments!

    Mike

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Miles' Mom said…

    I truly can't wait for that day. It makes me sad to see him like this. Thanks for checking out the blog!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger J said…

    Hi, Miles' Mom. i sincerely hope your little guy heals soon so that you all can look forward to happier days, which i'm sure will happen soon. i'm looking forward to reading more of your blog and thanks for visiting mine and leaving a link to it:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home